Last fall the Allegro Strings did a mini-tour to Nebraska to play for at an assisted living facility (my in-laws live there) in Norfolk.
The kids had so much fun many have asked if we could return. We are putting together another trip, but this time it is open to the entire school. Sallie Draper will be sending out another registration form via email. If you are interested and/or able to come along with us, please sign up.
Trip to Nebraska
When: July 16 – 18
- Leave Tuesday morning, stop in Vermillion, SD at the National Music Museum and Gavins Point Dam at the Aquarium just south of Yankton, SD.
- Arrive Norfolk, NE late afternoon/early evening.
- Perform at The Meadows assisted living facility and one other location Wednesday morning.
- Water park Wednesday afternoon – pizza party in the evening.
- Return Thursday late morning (possibly go to water park again in the morning).
- Arrive back in New Ulm late afternoon/early evening.
- Meals, admission to water park, museum and aquarium, and hotel (last time we got an excellent rate at the Hampton Inn because we were doing community service. We put 4 people in a room and split the cost, which ended up being about $15.00 per person per night – breakfast is included).
Thank you for considering this event.