Registration for the 2017 Pops Camp is open! Register today for a week-long symphonic orchestra camp happening right here in New Ulm, MN! We need string, brass, woodwind, and percussion instrumentalists for the music we have planned so check out the 2017 Pops Camp page for more information and to register at Eventbrite. We have both half and full-day groups to be a part of!
See you in June!
Mankato Area Youth Symphony Orchestra and the Northstar Strings programs are both offered in Mankato to all eligible string students (please talk with your teacher regarding your eligibility). We would love to see a group of our students take advantage of this great opportunity. Perhaps we could arrange car pooling to make this a possibility!
Rehearsals are Saturday mornings in Mankato at the Performing Arts Center on the Campus of Minnesota State University. North Star Strings meets from 10:00 – 11:15 and MAYSO from 9:30-12:00. You can check their website for more information. This is a wonderful opportunity to enhance your musical education even more. Check it out!!!
Hi Suzuki parents,
Sorry for the delay in getting the sign up form online for this. Hopefully it gave you plenty of time to consider it.
Please indicate whether your Suzuki students will participate in the June 2013 Nebraska trip using this form. Details about the trip are in Paula’s message below.
Last fall the Allegro Strings did a mini-tour to Nebraska to play for at an assisted living facility (my in-laws live there) in Norfolk.
The kids had so much fun many have asked if we could return. We are putting together another trip, but this time it is open to the entire school. Sallie Draper will be sending out another registration form via email. If you are interested and/or able to come along with us, please sign up.
Trip to Nebraska
When: July 16 – 18
- Leave Tuesday morning, stop in Vermillion, SD at the National Music Museum and Gavins Point Dam at the Aquarium just south of Yankton, SD.
- Arrive Norfolk, NE late afternoon/early evening.
- Perform at The Meadows assisted living facility and one other location Wednesday morning.
- Water park Wednesday afternoon – pizza party in the evening.
- Return Thursday late morning (possibly go to water park again in the morning).
- Arrive back in New Ulm late afternoon/early evening.
- Meals, admission to water park, museum and aquarium, and hotel (last time we got an excellent rate at the Hampton Inn because we were doing community service. We put 4 people in a room and split the cost, which ended up being about $15.00 per person per night – breakfast is included).
Thank you for considering this event.