Thinking about joining the New Ulm Suzuki School of Music but want to know more? This is the place for you!
- find out more about the Suzuki Method at the Suzuki Association of the Americas homepage
- go to our Registration Page to find our Tuition Agreement (you are here)
- find out about the many scholarship opportunities (see below)
- read some parent testimonials for why they have chosen to enroll their kids in the Suzuki Method (coming soon)
- more importantly, hear from the students on why they continue to take part in the Suzuki Method (coming soon)
- money is always tight, here are some creative ways to pay for lessons (see below)
As always, if you have any questions or comments, please contact us!
Thank you for your patience as we are navigating making the difficult, yet necessary changes due to Co-vid. Some of your questions may be answered in the following:
- There will be NO in-person registration this year. Please update the contact information on the attached tuition agreement for all people who want communication from us. This is especially important this school year, since we will not be seeing as much of each other face to face. Please only include student emails/phone number that you want to receive communication from us. The board has decided that we will now offer two programs under the New Ulm Suzuki School of Music – the Strings Program (includes bass, cello, viola, and violin) and the Piano Program. There is a tuition change for the reduction in group lessons offered for Piano Program overall. Please choose the one that applies to you and your family. If you have students in both programs you will need to fill out both tuition agreements. Registration is the attached tuition agreement, Please fill the form out ASAP, including the September tuition payment and at least half of the annual $100 family registration fee. Please send to: New Ulm Suzuki School of Music P.O. Box 4New Ulm, MN 56073
- Individual teachers will be getting in touch with you about schedules and locations for private lessons. Lessons will start the week of September 14.
- There will be no group lessons (due to UCC’s limitations because of Co-vid protocols) until at least January. Tuition will reflect the loss of group lessons this semester in a one time reimbursement to your account. Strings will receive $28 and pianos will receive $8. We will reevaluate this in December.
Please download, print, and send the Tuition Agreement(s) and September tuition payment:
Paying for Lessons
- Prairie Lakes Regional Arts Council Youth Scholarships for Students Living in Region 9
- 3-6 grades – $200/year
- 7-12 grades – $300/year
- Southwest Minnesota Arts Council offers Youth Scholarships for students living inRegions6E,6W, 8
- If You Do NOT Live Within Region 9 orRegions6E,6W,or 8, Contact Your Regional Arts Council for Scholarship Possibilities
- United Way of Brown County Youth Activities Scholarships
- Need Based up to $225/year
- If You Do Not Live in Brown County Check With Your Local United Way Regarding Scholarship Opportunities
- New Ulm Suzuki School
- Please Submit Request
Creative Ways to Pay for Lessons
- Ask family member to sponsor your student
- Have a fundraise of your own – lemonade stand, sell sweetcorn, etc.
- Proceeds from a garage sale go towards tuition
- Sell items you no longer need
- Anything … be creative!